Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Trying new stuff

I forgot to write about the new things I'm trying this cycle when I did my last post.  That's what happens when you get older, you start to forget.  Hmmm, that biological clock sure is ticking for me.  I'll be 35 in less than a month.  I always said I would be done having kids by the time I'm 35.  Seems how I really feel that my family is not yet complete, we are just going to continue to push on....at least until the end of the year.  Then, we are talking about focusing on something new.  But that is still in the works so I'll just leave it as a tease for now.  Hey, you know my luck, if I say it I will jinx it!  Sorry, I'm not taking that chance.

Back to the new stuff........
I started taking Royal Jelly (it is honey bee secretion that is used in the nutrition of larvae, as well as adult queens.  If you are allergic to bees, don't take this).  Royal Jelly gives you more energy & I've been told it increases egg quality.  Since we still fall in the unexplained secondary infertility category, I am just trying to cover my bases.  I take this once a day.  I just have the $5 bottle from Walmart.  But I know GNC carries it as well.

I have also added an herbal supplement called B-Fruitful (Infertility, Conception, Pregnancy Support. Pregnancy Safe Herbal Formula that has been used Safely and Effectively for over 20 years.).  The ingredients include: False Unicorn, Vitex, Squaw Vine, True Unicorn Root, Black Haw and Ginger.  I say, anything that has ingredients with the word unicorn in it has to be some magical stuff.  Therefore, I must try it! I've always loved unicorns. Taking it is kinda a PITA if you ask me.  But if I get a healthy child out of it, it will be worth it.  I will put the link for it at the end of my post.  It comes in an 8 oz bottle, so it's not very big.  The part that is annoying is when I'm pouring it to measure it out, it travels along the bottle instead of into my measuring cup.  I have to do this 3 times a day.  It's only 1/2 of a teaspoon each dose but it's potent stuff so I add some water to it so I don't choke on its potency.  So, I will take this everyday like that until I achieve pregnancy.  Then, once pregnant, I am to wean off of it 3-5 days after pregnancy is confirmed.  

If or when that happens, I will continue with another herbal supplement called Carry On (Miscarriage Support. Pregnancy Safe Herbal Formula that has been used Safely and Effectively for over 20 years.) Ingredients include: Black Haw, Wild Yam and False Unicorn.  This has been recommended by several midwives & has shown to stop miscarriage.  The link for this will be at the bottom of my post.  With this, I will use 1 teaspoon every 4 hours until I am past the time I usually miscarry which is 5 1/2 weeks along. I have already stocked up on this so I don't run out when I still need to take it.
I am 1dpo.  So, I just ovulated yesterday.  I didn't ovulate until cd17, which is late for me.  I wonder if this new stuff I'm taking has anything to do with it.

I guess we will see in 2 weeks if any of this was worth it.  Then again, I guess you can't really say for sure it was the cocktail I took or if it was just the fact that my body was ready to be pregnant again.  *sigh*  So, we may never know.


No comments:

Post a Comment